You’ll certainly agree with me that Willie Nelson, the husband of Annie D’Angelo, was one of the most prolific music hitters in the world, especially in the mid-1960s – unless you’re not a big fan of country music. But even then you’ll have to come across many of his books, which are an embodiment of his real-life experiences and philosophies.
Willie Nelson, a great and humble music icon who has left an indelible mark on music fans, was not lucky enough to be married, however, as he ended up marrying three times. Only after the failure of his third marriage did he marry Annie D’Angelo, who came to the fore comet-like through her relationship with the music star.
ALSO READ: Amy Adams Husband, Net Worth, Daughter, Age, Height, And Quick Facts
Annie D’ Angelo Biography
As already mentioned, D’Angelo owes her rise to fame to her husband. She was a commoner whose personal information was/is currently not known to the media or available online.
Nevertheless, we believe she completed her primary, secondary and higher education. Although there is no information about her ancestry, family members, siblings, relatives, educational background, and whatnot, the smile and the light that brought her into the life of the icon clearly show that she is a woman of influence and substance.
Her Family, Married, Husband, Children
One can safely say that Annie D’Angelo is the perfect match for Willie Nelson. After three failed marriages, Annie D’Angelo proved to be the only woman who could strongly influence the love life and career of the country music star.
Annie, a professional film make-up artist, met her husband in 1986 when she was doing make-up for StageCoach actors and actresses. After spending a few years together, Annie and Wilie were finally married on September 16, 1991, in Nashville, Tennessee.
Their marriage was blessed with two sons – Lukas Autry Willie Nelson and Jacob Micah Willie Nelson. Annie D’Angelo is also the stepmother of Willie’s five other children who come from his previous relationships.
Nelson’s first marriage was to Martha Matthews in 1952. After ten years of living together and raising three children together (Lana, Susie, and Willie “Billy” Hugh, Jr. Billy ), Martha and Wille decided to end their crisis-ridden marriage.
Nelson married Shirey Collie in 1963. But their marriage only lasted eight years. This happened after Shirey found out that Wille had secretly conceived a little girl (Paula Carlene Nelson) with Connie Koepke. Collie learned of her husband’s love for her child after seeing a hospital bill with the names Nelson and Koepke.
ALSO READ: What We Know About Brock Lesnar The WWE Raw Champion’s Wife and Kids
After the separation from Shirey in 1971, the “Love You Always” hit producer Connie Koepke married the same year. Together they welcomed another little girl (Amy Lee Nelson) before they stopped in 1988.
The legendary “On the Road Again” hit-maker then married Ann Marie D’Angelo (alias Annie) in 1991 and had two lovely sons with her. During Willes’s turbulent times, health problems, and multiple arrests Annie was always there for him.
Born on April 29, 1933, Nelson and his sweetheart recently celebrated their brilliant 25th wedding anniversary. From what we saw at the star-studded ceremony, Annie D’ Angelo is delighted with her marriage, despite the enormous age difference between her and her much older husband.
Facts About Annie D’Angelo
- Annie D’Angelo and her family currently live in their Hawaiian home in Maui.
- Her husband, whose name is almost synonymous with country music, owns a famous guitar called Trigger, which he named after Roy Rogers’ horse.
- Unlike her husband, who is an accomplished writer, Annie D’Angelo has never written a book.
- Her net worth is also unknown. But her husband, Willie Nelson, has an estimated net worth of $15 million.
- Annie D’Angelo’s husband can best be described as an “all-around man”. Besides music, he is a poet, actor, songwriter, and well-known activist.
- As a devoted wife, Annie D’Angelo is considered the lifeline to her husband’s healthy life. She often encourages Willie to swim, cycle and do other healthy exercises.
- She has helped her husband pay his bills and other financial responsibilities.
- Annie D’Angelo’s husband owns a marijuana business. Recently it was reported that the company has raised a whopping $12 million to expand into new markets.